What makes Sri Lanka unique?
What makes Sri Lanka unique? Because in Sri Lanka you will realize your dreams of a super holiday: very friendly people, a rich history, many ancient cultures, beautiful temples, tea plantations, jungles with elephants and leopards, good food and gorgeous beaches! And this all within easy travelling distances. Sri Lanka will surprise you and steal your heart!
- Sri Lanka has everything: the most beautiful beaches, jungles, mountains, rivers, lakes and forests.
- No mass tourism, therefore a large degree of authenticity and unspoiled nature;
- The beautiful green landscapes of paddy fields, tea and palm plantations.
- The Indian Ocean, coral reefs, lagoons and waterfalls. The opportunity to surf, dive or snorkel.
- Rich flora and fauna: extraordinary wildlife, elephants, leopards, crocs, etc .
- Sri Lanka is the ideal place to enjoy safari’s, bird watching, whale-dolphin- turtle watching.
- Beautiful mountains and hills in the centre of the country. Excellent opportunities to play golf, or go hiking.
- By the Sri Lankan driver/guide who will accompany, you will be close to the people of Sri Lanka and have the privilege of getting to know them, very friendly and hospitable people, mostly English speaking.
- Excellent mix of Culture (Unesco World Heritage sites), Nature (22 National Parks) and Adventure (elephant rides).
- Sri Lanka is about the same size as the Netherlands and Belgium together and is, therefore, very suitable for round trips. Relatively within short travel distances. Do some of the amazing train routes.
- A unique tropical climate, usually max. 30 degrees, with a gentle breeze from the sea; ideal destination to go to during our cold European winter. (overwintering)
- Enjoy wellness: relaxing ayurvedic massages, very affordable, as is Yoga lessons/meditation
- Rich in delicious and world famous Ceylon tea’s, herbs and not to forget the gems including sapphires and rubies that are found in Sri Lanka and processed into beautifully designed jewellery;
- Multi-religious: Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims and Christians live together in harmony.
- Rich historical and colonial past such as Portuguese, Dutch (VOC) and British influences;
- Excellent varied food, Sri Lankan, western and eastern kitchen; delicious tropical sun-ripened fruit;
- Political stable region, no conflicts, no bitter poverty – no begging.
- Good infrastructure for cars, trains, and planes.
- Good international connections, only 10 hours flying with usually a short half way stopover, in (Dubai . An opportunity to stretch your legs and see this interesting airport.
- No need for malaria pills!
- Sri Lanka has recently been voted by ‘Lonely Planet’ as the number 01 of very best holiday destinations. Sri Lanka is included in Travel +Leisure’s list of the world’s top 25 best isles.
These are only a few of the reasons to choose for Sri Lanka. There are definitely more. Most important: Sri Lanka is a “dream” destination for an unforgettable holiday! And last, but not least, because Aart & Yvonne can assist you to realize your dream holidays!
Why with Aart & Yvonne ?
We work free of charge
We work free of charge, as volunteers. The benefits from the tours go straight to Sri Lanka and are used for supporting the people in there. Your holiday in Sri Lanka helps us to help them!
We offer individual tours, travelling, arriving and leaving any time that suits you; connecting your tour seamlessly to your flight schedule. Your tour will definitely take place and never be cancelled due to too less participants.
Standard or Tailormade Tours
You can choose between standard or tailor-made tours, we work via email with a personal touch, always responding quickly; help you with innovative, creative and inventive ideas. We will organise your tour with great care and attention. All of our tours are based on our personal experiences in Sri Lanka. We visit and select the hotels we offer in our programmes. There is always a feedback with our clients after they have returned home. We, as well as our Sri Lankan partner, continuously work on the quality of our tours;
Fully prepared for your Sri Lankan stay
After you have booked, you will be fully provided by us with all the necessary information to prepare for your tour and Sri Lankan stay;
A many years’ cooperation and experience
We have many years of excellent cooperation and experience with our professional and internationally operating partner in Colombo, affiliated with SLTB (Sri Lanka Tourist Board), who supports us and organizes the execution of the tours on site. Our business partner has available some 30 selected, reliable and experienced English speaking drivers/guides (on request also Dutch, German, French or Italian speaking driver/guides are available) and a high quality fleet of cars, vans and buses. By this direct cooperation, short lines, no parties between us, we are able to offer a competitive price/quality;
This cooperation means for you that- while travelling in Sri Lanka- a professional organisation stands behind you which can, if necessary, provide you with ‘on the spot’ assistance. Also in case of a mishap e.g. should the driver or car need to be replaced, this will be professionally and directly arranged, so there is no need for you to be concerned;
Non binding travel proposal
Regarding the arranging of tailor made tours: in consultation with you, we will arrange and send you a non-binding travel proposal, in which your wishes are adopted and in which we accomplish the -for you- most ideal mix of culture/nature and adventure. After receival of our proposal – if you wish- you may still make changes to the itinerary or send us your comments; We’ll adjust and after that you will receive our price offer. Over many years, this has proved to be an excellent working method, valued by our clients; (see “our working” method) link
For our Belgian clients good to know
Our Belgian clients will be happy to know that we have many compatriots among our clients. Since Holland and Belgian have a shared history you will find, in Sri Lanka, shared Dutch/Belgian history and heritages;
Compared with regular travel agencies
We have a particularly customer-friendly payment plan compared to the regular travel agencies;
You will find on our site – among other things- our ever popular special offer, the 15-days complete guided tour (individual), an exciting and varied journey which brings you to almost all of the highlights in Sri Lanka. New in our program is a unique golfing arrangement (now for introduction price). Also new and very interesting (in particular for those who already did the 15-days tour) is our 14-days V.O.C. /Nature trip including visit to the Northern part of Sri Lanka, Jaffna peninsula and Jaffna. This area was recently after the Civil war released for tourism. The historical features in this journey and the breathtaking nature will surprise you. In addition, we can arrange any tour you wish (birdwatching/honeymoon/incentives/anniversary/Ayurveda/overwintering, etc.)